Cover Letter Do's and Dont's
Stick to the following guidelines when writing a cover letter for your resume...
- Include the person's full name, title, company name, and company address.
- Include your full name, address, and contact information.
- Use a formal greeting (Mr., Ms., Dr.).
- Follow up after three business days.
- Mention how you found out about the position.
- Be upbeat and creativemake your letter stand out.
- Keep copies of everything you send.
- Don't write a long lettershorter is better.
- Don't address the person by first name unless you know him or her personally and have permission to do so.
- Don't write more than one or two short paragraphs.
- Don't forget to personally sign the letter.
- Don't forget to check grammar and spelling.
- Don't use flashy stationery (unless you're applying for a highly creative job).
- Don't use slang.
RATE THIS ARTICLE